Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Today we finalized the adoption in the eyes of the Chinese government.  We had to head back to the building we received Maddison yesterday to finalize the adoption.  We have a "24 hr" tryout period to see if we want to change our minds!  They have to be kidding!!!!  She is ours and will be forever!  The director of the civil affairs office for Henan province talked to us and congratulated us.  We received our adoption certificate (red folder in pictures).  She then talked to each of us. Our CCAI guide Yisha then wisked us off to the notary office to get all the paperwork notarized.  Couldn't believe it, we had to walk up six floors of stairs to get to the notary office.  We had to fill out some more paperwork and answer a few questions.  Once this was done we headed back to the hotel.  We were back before noon.

Four of the families headed out to visit the city of their children's orphanage to get the passport pictures done.  Thank goodness we didn't have to go today.  We visit Hebi tomorrow to visit the police station and get the passport done as well.  We will also visit the orphanage!  Maddie took a long nap this afternoon.  Robin stayed with her and Robin's folks and I headed down to the Walmart area to purchase clothing, formula and diapers to take with us to the orphanage.  Our church was so kind to donate some money to get things for the orphanage.  I included a picture of what we will be taking tomorrow!

Maddie is doing better today.  Tonight, I was able to play ball with her without her wanting Robin.  She isn't crying as much and is starting to come out of her shell.  She LOVES noodles!!!! and apple sauce.  We also had our first french fry today.  I ran down to MacDonalds today and she loves them.  The orphanage said she liked potatoes and sure enough, she is an Idaho gal!

Continue to pray that Maddie gets over her grieving.  She still has boughts of grieving, but is getting better.  Pray that the visit to the orphanage will go well tomorrow.  She also appears to have a little cold so pray she gets over it quickly.

Thanks for all the emails and responses to the blog while we are in China.  We enjoy reading all your encouring notes.  It is getting late and so I'll sign-off and get to bed.  We leave at 8:00 AM to go to Hebi.

.







































7 comments:

Unknown said...

Dave, the pictures are coming thru! It's killing me!! :) Patience, right??? The most important thing is that all is going well... so happy for you!!

Unknown said...

I meant, the pictures are NOT coming thru.... :)

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

LOVE reading every word!!! Can't see pics but just knowing what you all are doing is great! Blessings and love as you wake up and start your journey!!! Yay! can't wait to hear!

The Bolens said...

I can't see pictures either!! I'm dying!! Can't wait. Enjoy Hebi!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, any ideas on why you can't see pics? I can see them when I view the blog, I know Dave and Robin want you guys to be able to see them as well. I am the "substitute blogger"

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you can see pics now, I changed it a little, thanks.

Unknown said...

SO CUTE!!!! OH MY GOSH! I LOVE IT!!! Doug and I are fawning all over each picture. She's GORGEOUS!!!!!!!