Today was a quiet day in Zhengzhou. No appointments or trips
scheduled! It was quite a nice day to just relax and spend some time
with Maddie. Maddie is very easy to put to bed. We spend a few minutes
playing after her bath and then sit her in her crib and she will play
for a few minutes and then fall asleep. Last night (after the long day
at her orphanage and travel) she slept for about 10 hrs! Robin and I
got a good nights sleep! We got up and took our time getting ready for
the day. We spent a few minutes on Skype with my folks and brother back
in Idaho. They really enjoyed seeing Maddie. After that, Robin and
Maddie had a fun time trying on bows for Maddie's hair. They settled on
a orange outfit with matching head band and flower. We headed down to
breakfast around 9:00 AM and Maddie decided she liked Corn Flakes like
Grandma Lockman! Grandma was thrilled!
We headed back to the hotel room and spent some time getting ready
to head to a park to walk around. The other adoptive parents in our
group told us about a park near the hotel and how nice it was to walk
around. Before we could leave, Maddie was getting really sleepy.... it
has been a hard few days!!! We laid her down for a nap and 3 hrs
later she woke up! Poor little girl, must have been really tired!
Maddie was hungry so Robin fed her lunch - noodles and watermellon!
These are her favorites as you can see in the pictures! After lunch, we
walked around the grassy area between the buildings around the hotel.
Our guide Yisha called a meeting at 4:30 PM for us to go over paperwork
that we had received back from the notary, so we couldn't go far. After
the meeting, we went out to dinner with our new friends Scotty and
Tiffany Chabert from Louisiana. We had so much fun with them! They
adopted a little boy and he is so cute. The Chabert's also have their
two teenage kids with them as well. Maddie was so funny at the
restaurant! What a change from a few days ago .... from a quiet child
to a wild toddler! She had everyone in stiches! It is going to be
interesting to see her real personality. If its anything like tonight,
WATCH OUT! We are making great stides on the daddy front. I was able
to hold Maddie at the restaurant and she even gave me a kiss tonight!
Well, that all from China tonight! It was a great day and Maddie
is starting to open up to us. She is also feeling better so thanks for
all the prayers. Keep praying that she will continue to bond with us.








Zhengzhou Time


2 comments:
I love the picture of her in the headband. It looks like she staring at you saying, "Really Mom? You're gonna make me wear this thing?" HAHAHAH! She is just so beautiful. Doug didn't get his visa today so I'm secretly hoping he will still be here when you get home. I know I will be. I don't wanna smother you, but oh my gosh! I can't wait to see that baby with her Mom and Dad!
I am loving these daily entries of your time with Maddie. She is beautiful and I see the beauty of your love for each other growing in every moment.
Post a Comment